Monday, October 24, 2011

Two Weeks Notice

What a freaking journey.
A year ago, I was given ridiculous expectations at my job and I have known since then that this day would come eventually.
I have been told numerous times this year that because of situations completely out of my control, I have a target on my back.
I have seen my budget and felt the stress.
As I have said before, I was miserable.
I knew this day was coming for months.
But when your mentor sits across the table from you an tells you that your 5 1/2 years of dedication and giving everything you could to the organization still aren't enough, it still hurts. A lot.
Two weeks ago I was told that the journey has ended.
I took the rest of the day off, made a call, and had a job offer the next day.
So, rather than be fired, I put in my two weeks notice.
Definitely the hardest letter i have ever written.
I have felt a lot of emotions over the past two weeks, but by far the biggest emotion is feeling hurt. I'm also very bitter now.
I literally can NOT believe my last day will be this Thursday.

I am doing my best to move on, but please, if you see me, ask me about something, ANYTHING other than my job.

Also, yes I know this situation is 100% unfair and people think I should go on some crusade about how wrong it is, but I DON'T WANT TO. I am over it. If you want something to be said, then you do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment