Sunday, May 6, 2012

I Reached My Goal! ...Now What?


When I started my fitness journey originally in January of 2011, I weighed 175 lbs and oh how I wish I would have gotten my body fat tested. Although I am pretty sure I would have cried at the results. My goal at the time was to get down to 150 lbs, just above where I graduated high school.

Fast forward a year to January of 2012, when I restarted my fitness journey, this time taking it just one day at a time. I had no expectations, I only wanted to improve myself. This time, however, I got my body fat tested.

Along the way I determined that getting my weight down to 150 lbs was almost unrealistic, however what I could work to lower was my body fat %. I cleaned up my diet, did cardio and weight lifting, and well, I started to see results, and they just kept getting better.   

The picture on the left is from January, the picture on the right is from May 4, 2012

When I got my body fat tested on May 4, 2012, I was HAPPILY shocked to see I had hit my goal of 19% body fat! I was elated, but it left me wondering...what now?

I so desperately do not want to fall back into bad patterns and lose all of the hard work I have done over the last 4 months (I want to stay between 18-20% body fat). So I had to set some new goals.

1 - complete a 5k (and run the whole thing) - would love to complete this by the end of summer!

2 - complete New Rules of Lifting For Women program - not quite sure how long this will take

I have heard maintenance can be the hardest part of the journey, but I know I am driven by goals, so I plan to continuously set new goals for myself to keep myself driven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment